I have been receiving reminders that I have a blog and that it needs updated. So here you go.
Life has been busy here, to say the least. Farming is definately a full time job. First there is just everyday chores and all the unexpected things that come up. Then there is haying...We finished first crop on June 23rd! But we just took a breath and jumped right back into second crop, the grass is growing and we are very thankful to be getting some good second crop. Our family also made our few loads of small square bales last week, (but I was at camp so I can't take credit for any of it.)
Last week I spent 4 days as a counselor at a Bible camp. I stayed busy the whole time and didn't do much picture taking so I don't have any good ones to post. It was a good experience, but challenging as well. It reminded me to be thankful for a Christian family... But as usual, coming home was one of the best parts! I pulled in the driveway, the house door came flying open and my three youngest siblings came running to see my and I was engulfed in hugs as soon as I could get the car door open. It's nice to know that I was missed, and yes, I missed them too! I however am still trying to get rested up.
If that doesn't sound like much for the last couple weeks, add to that 3 big gardens that are producing. These veggies have to be harvested and then eaten or perserved. I have been spending quite a bit of time in the kitchen making meals lately. But I like this time of year... it doesn't get much better than eating fresh produce right from your own garden! This morning Matt and I went and picked blackberries for awhile- they are just starting so we will have to do some more picking later. Yum!
There where lots of other things that happened in the last couple weeks too. But I think I will just leave the update at that and give you a chance to catch your breath : )
3 comments:
Those blackberries were good!
I didn't take many pictures at camp either. Didn't want to get coolade on my camera! : )
I am out of breath just reading that post! :-)
I know you took at least one picture at camp, because I took a picture of you taking it!
Post a Comment