Tuesday, August 24, 2010

A Camping Trip and 2 Birthdays

This last week we took a couple days and went and camped on a lake. We had about half of the campground all to ourselves, which included a dock. This dock was nice to fish off of and my siblings caught lots of fish. Not big fish but little fish are more fun then no fish. So if you just dropped your line into the water right at the end of the dock you would catch little fish before long and between 3 poles I could barely keep up with taking fish off the line. We also did quite a bit of canoeing and we went swimming once. We also had 2 birthdays this week. But I must confess that because we were camping and the weather was wet I didn’t take any pictures of my big brother on his birthday. Oh well it probably won’t hurt his feelings to much.

DSC03976

DSC03974

A butterfly that I got very close too.

DSC04027

Some pictures of mushrooms and fungus that we found while hiking.

DSC03993 DSC03994 DSC03996

Out for a hike.

DSC04004

Laura and her fairy house

DSC04032

Matt’s fairy house

DSC04037

AND the birthday boy!

DSC04055

 

Let’s put that present to work chopping wood,

DSC04063

Happy Birthday!!!

DSC04100

2 comments:

Laura said...

it was fun!

Emily said...

It looks like a fun camping trip! I really like the picture of the butterfly.

Happy birthday to the birthday boys!