Last Saturday our family met some friends, and spent the day hiking, eating, and having a “beach” party on Lake Superior’s south sandy shore. Here are a few pictures from the fun day!
Silas, Grace, Matt, and Laura with their friend Abbie!
Playing with the waves! Thankfully, no one fell in or got wetter than they wanted too. There were even a couple brave souls who went wading. I thought it was a little cool for that so I refrained from dipping my toes in Lake Superior’s chilly waters.
Here I am with 2 of the greatest friends!!! We had fun sitting on the sandy beach in a place that was out of the cool wind. Then, we played games while our mothers visited and the guys took a nap! Nate tried fishing for awhile but after a while gave up and joined in on the nap. Our siblings were busy playing with the sand, in the water, and running around.
After several unsuccessful attempts, they finally all managed to stand still on the log, long enough for a picture. As you can see by their smiles they aren’t having much fun…
And finally a beautiful lake sunset. I wish I knew how to take better pictures of this kind of thing…
This picture reminds me of the greatness of God. The God who created this world, and loves details! It reminds of the following verses.
“ When I look at your heavens, the work of your fingers, the moon and the stars, which you have set into place, what is man that you are mindful of him, and the son of man that you care for him?” Ps. 8:3-4
7 comments:
Whoa, you actually managed to take a picture when they were all standing upright on the log!!
I like your new blog description, by the way. : )
you wish you NEW how to take better photos? Change NEW to KNEW and it will be all right.
8:30-4? 8:30-34. do I have to correct you any more?
Sorry! I guess I get carried away when I am typing and miss letter or hit extra ones and then don't proof read carefully enough.
I see you have a blog editor!
And a very good one at that.
What wonderful memories for each of you!
Post a Comment