Thursday, September 29, 2011

20 Questions!

I know it is high time for an update, and sometime soon I hope to post one. However, tonight as I was sitting here pondering my technical reporting assignment, where I have to choose an object to write a detailed report about I got an crazy idea. Why not play a game on 20 questions on my blog?  

So I am thinking of a Thing… Start asking questions by commenting! 

P.S. This thing has nothing to do with my assignment. : ) Just in case you were wondering…

70 comments:

Grace said...

Is it a book?

Em said...

No.

Amy said...

Is it smaller than a toucan?

Em said...

Yes

Abbie said...

Does it bring joy to people?

Emily said...

Does it use electricity?

Em said...

Abbie: No

Emily: No

Grace said...

is it fluffy?

Amy said...

Does it make noise?

Em said...

Umm, No. It may in a rare occasion, but generally speaking no.

Laura said...

does it hop?

Emily said...

Does it help accomplish tasks?

Abbie said...

Is it warm?

Em said...

No,

Abbie said...

Is it alive?

Em said...

No

Emily said...

Does it weigh more than a dictionary?

Amy said...

Is it made of wood?

Grace said...

Does it run on a battery?

Em said...

Emily: No

Amy:Yes

Grace: No

Nate said...

is it round?

Em said...

No

Emily said...

Is it square or rectangular in shape?

Em said...

Yes,

Amy said...

Is it flat?

Em said...

What do you mean by flat? A height or level surface or something else?

Amy said...

Oh, sorry--I mean "flat" as in thin.

Em said...

No, it's not flat.

Emily said...

Can you put something into it?

Em said...

Yes

Abbie said...

Does it have a handle?

Abbie said...

Is it a common household item?

Em said...

Yes

Em said...

ONE QUESTION REMAINING!!!

Amy said...

Who can think of a brilliant question that'll clinch this? : ) (And no, this isn't my question)

Em said...

:)

I have an idea, How about each of you post a guess? I think there are six people who have been guessing so I will count these 6 questions as one.

So I will be waiting for these posts!

Emily said...

I think you were just trying to set a record for the most comments on a post!

Is it...a jewelry box?

Abbie said...

Jewelry boxes don't help accompish tasks...
Is it smaller than a loaf of bread?

Em said...

:)

No, it is not a jewelry box. Good guess though.

Amy said...

Is it a bread box?

Abbie said...

Is it a box at all?

Em said...

Nope, not a bread box.

And no it's not a box. Any other guesses?

Yes, Emily, this will definatly set a record for posts.

Grace said...

is it a shelf?

Em said...

Nope, not a shelf.

Also, I missed answering Abbie's question about the loaf of bread.

Yes, it is smaller than a loaf of bread.

I want to see if you can guess this thing. So feel free to continue to post guesses and/or more questions!

Emily said...

This is a common household item, so is there one of these items in MY house? :)

Em said...

Yes, and I am pretty sure that you have more than one of these items.

Grace said...

is it a pencil?

Em said...

Good guess, but nope!

Keep thinking!

Nate said...

Is it the thingamajig that you put the whatchyamacallems in?

Em said...

Creative guess. How am I supposed to answer that?

Yes, it is a thingamajig that you put the whatchyamacallems in.

I am sure this will make the whole object as clear as mud for you!! :)

Abbie said...

I think there have been more than 20 questions by now...
Does it contain napkins?

Emily said...

Is it found in the kitchen?

Em said...

Yep, more than 20 but that's okay.

Abbie: No

Emily: it is sometimes is found and used in a kitchen, but it's primary use is not in the kitchen.

Silas said...

Is it a basket?

Em said...

No, but that was a good guess!

Silas said...

Is it as big as a basket?

Em said...

No, it is smaller than our big baskets. It is smaller than most baskets, except for the itty-bitty ones that are in Matt's tree house.

Emily said...

Are we hopeless? :)

Is it used for decoration?

Em said...

No, not hopeless. :)

Some people will use this item for decoration, though not by it's self. It would be incorporated in another project.
This item is sold in different sizes. The largest is the one normally used, and the smaller ones are used in craft projects.

Em said...

The item you are guessing is not used by it's self for decoration.

This item is usefully for something besides decoration.

Does this help?

Abbie said...

NO! Is it hollow in the middle?

Nate said...

A Clothespin.

Matt said...

Do I use it evey day

Silas said...

Where else can it be found

Em said...

CONGRATULATIONS! Nate guessed my object! A Clothespin.

Amy said...

Well! That was exciting.

Grace said...

Very long too. And a record number of posts too.

Laura said...

Are we going to play again?

Emily said...

My goodness.

Abbie said...

Wow. I never would have guessed.