Friday, May 28, 2010

A Farm Update

I didn’t realize it had been so long since I posted I know that my graduation is old news now but I will post some pictures of it anyhow. Life has been busy here at our house. I have been busy working on our many project and I forgot to take pictures to share.

So the new here is the gardens are planted. All 3! DSC03358

Also the sheep are now sheared and are much cooler. However I have had a tough spring and my flock has decreased in number.  I now have 4 ewes and 8 lambs.

DSC03361

So now that some of our spring projects are done do you think we could take a break? Nope, we take a deep breath and then jump in to making hay. 1st crop is ready to cut. Time to round up tractors and equipment. Well I can look forward to getting my tractor driving sun tan and using my own tube of grease!!!

My siblings like to play what we have to do for work… so with bikes for tractors they were making hay the other day. But then they need a hay wagon and apparently the wagon we had wasn’t quite equipped well enough. My youngest 3 siblings built the hay rack to go on the back! DSC03354 DSC03351

2 comments:

Emily said...

I am sure it will be very exciting to use your own personal tube of grease!

Very nice hay rack, too!

Amy said...

Hooray, a post!

What resourceful siblings you have.