Thursday, January 5, 2012

Other pictures from Fall and Winter 2011

The first picture is of my first concert with my college/ community orchestra. The second is of my stand partner and I during intermission. I really enjoyed this experience and am looking forward to when rehearsals start again at the end of the month as we prepare for a concert in March.


PB040065


DSC03549



DSC07465


Here is an apple pie that I made for Thanksgiving, it was still hot when I took the picture as you can see by the steam rising from it.


DSC07475DSC07479


And a couple pictures from the first snowball fight of the year. This snow soon left though, and we had a very mild first part of the winter with hardly any snow.


The next two pictures are from the concert by the strings groups our family is involved with. The first picture is of Grace and Laura’s group. However they were sitting where I couldn’t get a very good picture of them. The second one is of Matt and another cellist from his group. Matt loves playing his cello and is making good progress on it.


DSC07507


DSC07496



This one was taken through a window (and screen) so it is a little blurry, but had I tried to take it any way else I would have spoiled it…


DSC07529

8 comments:

Emily said...

Great pictures! I liked seeing all your orchestras/string groups! What are all the people standing in the back of Grace and Laura's group doing?

Amy said...

Fine-looking orchestra, Emily (it's HUGE!)! I hope we can come to one of your concerts sometime.

Grace said...

That was our 'huge' coir of five that sang on one of the songs we played.

Emily said...

Oh my. Could anyone hear them?

Em said...

I could hear them.

Laura said...

it was a HUGE coir. we were playing "Jesu joy of mans disiring," and they sang it.

Abbie said...

Why is Pepper hugging Tippy?

Nate said...

Um its the other way around. I don't know, but it's probally not for sharing her food with him.