Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Final Colorado Pictures

Sorry it took me so long to get these loaded, but I have been busy ever since I got home.  I also have some of the Badlands but you will have to wait for those…

DSC06631

My first time over the divide! That side of the mountains looks a lot greener than the other side.

DSC06646DSC06666DSC06678

DSC06736

We did make it up to the other side of the Alpine Tunnel. It was a 10 mile drive up there. Those were probably the longest 10 miles of my life. It took an hour of bouncing on a very rocky, narrow mountain road to get up there.

DSC06726

This is were the tunnel was. (it was caved in for safety reasons.)

DSC06718

Lots of snow up there!

DSC06739DSC06781

DSC06809

Going back over and Nate with more snow banks!

DSC06803DSC06813DSC06817DSC06838DSC06843

 

The next day we drove through an area called South Park. Out there a part is a flatter area surrounded by mountains.

DSC06878

They say God used the scraps that were leftover after creation to make the longhorn.

DSC06879

Views from high spots in South Park.

DSC06887DSC06900

No comments: