This past week our family took a couple days off and headed to the shores of Lake Superior where we rented a floor of a house that a hotel owns. We had a great time talking, playing games, sledding, hiking, skiing, playing some, sleeping in and eating breakfast in our pajamas. (I even got a little school done in between things)
My favorite part was the cross county skiing. They haven’t had fresh snow up there for a while so the trails were fast. After they were groomed they were much better. The first day our whole family went for about an hour and a half. The second day Mom, Matt and Silas stayed at the “cabin” and the rest of us went and skied about 7 miles. It was also fun because we got to take the ski lift up twice and ski “all down hill” according to Dad. It wasn’t quite true but it was better than going all up hill! The question was how sore we were going to be the next day, but I wasn’t hardly sore, if we hadn’t had to come home that day I would have gone again! But now that I am spoiled by groomed trails it’s going to be hard to go back to breaking trail in our woods.
I didn’t take many pictures this time. But Laura took lots since she just got a camera and is enjoying taking pictures so if you want the trip documented in photos ask Laura!
2 comments:
I was sore.
It sounds like a fun vacation (especially skiing downhill)!
Post a Comment