Finally, brothers, rejoice. Aim for restoration, comfort one another, agree with one another, live in peace; and the God of love and peace will be with you. Greet one another with a holy kiss. All of the saints greet you. The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ and the love of God and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with you all.
~~~ II Corinthians 12:11-14~~~~~
This is how Paul ends his second letter to the Corinthian church. As I read this passage, the other night it really stood out and I’ve been thinking about it some since then. As Paul is writing to a church who has issues and problems he is encouraging them restore the sinner who had repented (2:7), to work through the differences, to reach out and care for one another, and to strive for peace amongst themselves as a family in Christ. Then I was thinking about my life and the local church I am involved in. If Paul had written this letter to us, how would we response? And since we have this letter recorded for us how should we respond? What would it be like, if not just our local church, but Christians across the nation and world, aimed for restoration with those whom they had hurt, reached out and comforted one another, lived in peace with those around them, and depended upon God to supply that love and peace?
What do you think? Is this application accurate, and if so, how should we be taking action?
No comments:
Post a Comment