I am excited that it’s that time of year again, the spring semester is finished, and I made it though finals week . And at the same time as I finished up one semester, I got ready to dive into summer classes. Not much of a break this year, but that’s okay because there is light at the end of the tunnel finally!
Here are some pictures that I took the last few weeks at school. – A little glimpse of my life.
A few of the “Unwelcome neighbors” that decide to take up residence in the open lot next to my apartment. 300+ seagulls.Thankfully they didn’t stay, but every so often they come back to visit. Let me just say, that once you wake up and hear these early risers making so much noise it’s pretty much pointless to try and fall back asleep.
Passed my clarinet playing test for Woodwind Techniques – this was one of the harder instruments for me. I also got to learn the oboe and bassoon, I passed playing test on those too. The bassoon has a lot of keys that are operated with the thumb- pretty confusing, but fun to attempt to learn.
A choir concert where we sang a multiple styles of music (Renaissance, Baroque, Gospel and a modern piece that our conductor wrote) I also had clean up my score from the Bluegrass Mass that we sang earlier this semester- even though I hadn’t looked at it in a couple months I still could sing most of the alto part as I was erasing all my circles, arrows, and stars. I am thankful for the opportunity I had to work with a great conductor to learn this piece, and it was so much fun to perform it with Monroe Crossing- A highlight of my year!
An orchestra concert- we played Latin American music, and we wore roses for the concert! –Such fun.
I got to hear the MN Orchestra for the first time! It was an incredibly concert. And there is nothing else like attending a concert performed by a group of extraordinary musicians all working together. Now, I know why so many people talk about this orchestra. If you ever get the chance to hear them- take advantage of it!
Passing my piano advancement jury – Now I am officially an advanced music major! I played Brahms Rhapsody in G minor Op. 79 No. 2 memorized… as well as a movement from Bach’s French Suite IV.
Moving Home!!! – Excited to be home with my family for the summer! But sad that my roommate and I won’t be living together next semester.
No comments:
Post a Comment