Saturday, October 12, 2013

A Fall Camping Trip

Last weekend our family joined forces with the V--- family,  braved the cool, wet weather to go camping in Northern WI . 

DSC09713

During a break in the weather, we get ready to go on a hike.

DSC09719

Abbie, Grace, and Laura

DSC09720DSC09722DSC09731

On rocks in the river!

DSC09740

I love water falls- not sure why Silas is making such a goofy face!

DSC09747

DSC09748

Emily V.

DSC09753

Matt by the foam at the bottom of the little falls. (Foam has a very interesting texture.. I picked some up. But I have no clue how to describe its texture.)

DSC09771

A small portion of the big falls. (Sorry, the camera was at the wrong angle when I took the picture, so I tilted it in the post so it is a little straighter. )

DSC09767

The sign said what?

DSC09758

A pretty view of the river.

So despite the rain and cool weather we had an enjoyable time. We had campfires, drank lots of hot beverages, played games, ate tasty food, tried to stay warm and dry, and the college students, (namely, Amy and I) did homework.

And guess what… most of the next week was warm and sunny!  Go figure.

No comments: