This time I was determined, I was going to finish it. Several years ago, (like at least 4) Mom saw an pattern for an afghan that she really like. She said that she would buy the yarn if I would knit it for her. I thought it sounded like a good deal, since I didn’t have any other projects to make at the time. So I stated the project, and discovered that it was going to take a long time. I did okay about sticking at if for awhile, but then then it got set aside. Over the past couple years, I have picked up and worked on it for short periods of time. When every I got it out to work on it the joke was that I would be taking it to my mom in the nursing home, because it would take me that long to finish it… So when I came home from school this year and saw it still sitting there waiting for me, I decided it was time to finish it. And I was successful…
(It’s pretty good sized so I folded it for the picture. The two long edges have a strip of solid tan, and then rest is the variegated green, blue, and tan. ) My life lesson from this project is that it takes a very long time to knit an afghan, if I make another one, it will be crocheted!
No comments:
Post a Comment