Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Ponderings from Job

I am reading the book of Job right now, and have noticed a couple interesting and challenging verses.


In chapter 27 verses 5-6, Job makes a commitment and powerful statement,


“… Till I die I will not put away my integrity from me.


I hold fast to my righteousness and will not let it go;


my heart does not reproach me for any of my days.”


Wow! To be able to say that say that you have lived with no regrets… I think part of the reason he can make this claim is because a couple chapters earlier he makes mention to his spiritual life. In chapter 23 he talks about how God is everywhere even though we may not realize it.


Verse 10 says


“But He knows the way that I take,


When He has tried me, I shall come out as gold.”


Here are some phrases from 23:11-13 that may be clues to why Job said he had no reproach.


“My foot has held fast to His steps,


I have not departed from the commandment of His lips.


I treasure the words of his mouth, more than my portion of food.


He [God] is unchangeable, who can turn Him back?”


God has a plan, He is going to carry out that plan. Will I be committed to stay true to Him through it all?



1 comment:

Grandma said...

Thanks for sharing, Em. Yes, our God is unchangeable. Oh, that we will be true to Him all of our days!