Friday, January 14, 2011

Names…

Today I came across a web link in my sociology book on baby names. Here are couple things I learned about my name. 1) in the year I was born, Emily was the 2nd most popular baby name in Minnesota [the state I was born in]. 2) The number of babies named Emily reached it’s peak in 1999. It was the most popular name in 27 states.  3) in 1970, Emily wasn’t in the top 100 list of names.  4) Emily is also a popular name in Scotland, parts of Canada, England and Northern Ireland. But in Norway it’s only the 106th most popular name.  

But what does it matter? I like my name, even if I know several other people who share it!

If you want to check your name out the link is http://www.babynamewizard.com/

3 comments:

Emily said...

What do you know! My name has the same statistics as yours! :-)

Em said...

REALLY? :)

Amy said...

Statistics show that I ought to have been born in 1975. : )